Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grand Aïoli

Now we come to one of my favorites. I've made grand aïoili quite a few times, but never before with salt cod that I had also made. Honestly, though.. not much difference other than this came out around $10/lb. instead of the usual $14. So worth it, I guess. And making salt cod is easy.

Also making mayonnaise is easy. You squish a couple of garlic cloves in the molcajete that Amy gave you. Then you whisk in oil, slowly. Slowly. Peterson's recipe looked like it was going to make 4 cups, so I less-than-halved it.

Then I halved the result, because I wanted one bowl with the anchovies and one without, to accommodate people:




Now for the vegetable plate. I didn't have any of the traditional stuff (broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke hearts) on hand, but frankly you could dip cardboard into this stuff and have a satisfying meal of it.



Clockwise from left: raw carrots, portabellas sauteed in a little butter, raw red bell peppers, the salt cod, having been poached for about 10 minutes (awesome, btw), and blanched leeks. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. I could really go for some of this right now. Esp the mushrooms and the leeks. licious.

    ReplyDelete